Articles By Terry Grant
|Fat Loss||Training Techniques|
Muscle Building Articles
- Got No Chest? How to Feel Your Pecs Actually WORK
When You Do Chest Training
If you have a hard time feeling your chest working when you do chest exercises, THIS is the information you need. I’ll give you my best techniques for ensuring maximum activation of your pecs with every set and rep you do.
- How To Do a Chin-Up If You’ve NEVER Done One Before Performing your very first bodyweight chin-up is a GREAT goal to have. But it’s a goal that not many know exactly how to achieve. Learn how to build the strength to do your first chin-up here!
- The Muscle-Building Troubleshooter… Not gaining muscle? Use this quick troubleshooting guide to fix what’s wrong and get yourself back on the right track to building maximum mass FAST.
- Daily Specialization 2.0…
How to Use Progressive Resistance For MONSTER GainsDaily Specialization, where you train twice a day every day in a very specific fasion, is one of my most controversial programs. This update to it forces even FASTER results by constantly increasing the resistance and literally FORCING results.
- Is Muscle Soreness Necessary For Muscle Growth? That’s the question…do you need to be so stiff and sore you can hardly move or scratch your nose in order to get maximum muscle-building results? Find out here.
- Time/Volume Training –
A Program For Building Mass Even With Bodyweight Exercises! This training style is VERY effective for building muscle even with bodyweight training. It can be inserted into ANY training split…it can be used as a total program or as a single training day. Powerful stuff!
- Why Your Glutes Are Small, Flat and Shapeless…
It Could Be All In How You STAND! Body position and posture has a HUGE impact on how you look. Get the inside scoop on how something as simple as how you stand could be why your glutes are small and flat (and your back hurts!).
- My Four “No Fail” Principles For Quick and Easy Weight Gain If gaining weight is something YOU got into weight training for, THIS is the info for you. Learn my four powerful “no fail” principles for putting on mass no matter what your metabolism or body type!
- Using HIGH Reps To Build Muscle? Three Ways To
Do It That Will Shatter ANY Muscle Growth Plateau!Normally, when you think “muscle,” you probably think “low reps”…but I’ve got three ways to use HIGH reps to slap the muscle on you FAST.
- The Upsidedown Training Program – Learn How To Train Completely “Wrong” To Get Fantastic Results in Strength and Muscle Mass This 5 week training program will literally turn your training Upsidedown. Learn how working your small bodyparts FIRST can help you make BIG gains in EVERY single muscle group…even the major ones that you’re going to work LAST!
- The Four Absolutely CRITICAL Pieces Of Training Equipment
You NEED To Start Your Home Gym WithWhen you’re putting together your first home gym, it’s easy to get caught up in the promises of fancy multi-station machines and infomercial products. But before you do, save your money and have a close look at these four critical items that you SHOULD start your home gym with!
- How To Train To WIDEN The Hips – Yes, It CAN Be Done! To most people, the goal is the opposite…slim the hips. But if you’ve searched in vain for information on how to really INCREASE hip size, you’ve come to the right place! I’ll tell you exactly what kind of training you need to do to achieve this.
- 10 Things You Can Do RIGHT NOW To Increase Your
Bench Press FAST Improving the bench press is ALWAYS at the top of almost every lifter’s list of goals. Put these 10 tips into practice and power up your bench press fast!
- The Hardest, Most BRUTAL Workout I’ve Ever Done In My Life
All serious trainers have had a workout that instantly pops into their head when somebody mentions a tough workout. I know I’ve had MANY that have left me lying on the floor. This ones stands out as the king!
- Compound Exercise Overload – One of THE Most Stunningly
Powerful Single Workouts You Will EVER DOWith this extraordinary training technique, you will, in one single workout, achieve strength gains in a single exercise that would normally take weeks or even MONTHS with “normal” training. NO EXAGGERATION.
- Training With Muscle Soreness – Should You Do It?
And Can It Actually Help You Get BETTER Results? Muscle soreness is something that every trainer has experienced. The typical advice is to wait until you’re not sore to train that muscle again. But what if you can actually get BETTER results by training when sore!
- The Most Critical Lessons I Learned In My Very First Year of
Training That Can Help YOU Maximize Muscle and Fat Loss Get a step-by-step catalog of THE most important things that I learned about fat loss and muscle and strength-building from my first year of weight training. It will open your eyes!
- Training Frequency – How Often Can You or SHOULD You
Train To Maximize Your Results?How often should you train? How long do you need to rest between training sessions? How much is too much and how much is too little? The answers may surprise you and even change how you train!
- Secret Training Tip #734 – How One Single Set of One Single
Rep of One Single Exercise Can Build Massive, Strong Biceps Learn the secret, extremely simple bicep exercise that has the potential to put inches on your arms.
- When One Side Of a Muscle Group Is Smaller Than The Other –
How To Train to Fix It Have a left bicep that’s noticeably smaller than the right? Is your chest significantly more developed on one side? Find out how to even out your muscles now!
- Secret Training Tip #995 – How to Effectively Work and
Build The Upper Chest Surprise! This is NOT an article about incline bench pressing. Learn these unique techniques for filling out your upper pectoral area.
- Triple Add Sets – A Revolutionary New Intensity Technique
That Will Work ALL Your Muscle Fibers In One Set! Normal sets only work a select tye and number of muscle fibers. Find out how the Triple Add Set technique can work EVERY muscle fiber you’ve got in a single set.
- Daily Specialization Training – Transform Your Weakest
Bodyparts Into Your STRONGEST Bodyparts! Experience the power of extremely targeted, high-frequency training. It literally has the power to turn your weakest bodyparts into your best!
- How I Gained 25 Pounds in One Week This is a story of how I personally went from 192 pounds to 217 pounds in bodyweight in only 7 days. Learn every little secret technique I used to accomplish this mind-blowing weight gain.
- How To Take Full Advantage Of Holiday Eating and Weight Gain ‘Tis the season to stuff yourself full of food! Find out how to turn the tables and turn your holiday weight gain into holiday muscle gain.
- Training to Maximize Your Muscle Fiber Types Your muscles are made of 2 different types of fibers. Find out what they are, what your personal fiber make-up is and how to train for maximum results.
- Training on the Edge – Learn How Overtraining on Purpose
Can Get You Maximum Results FAST! We’ve always been told that it’s bad to overtrain. Guess what? Overtraining on purpose is where the REAL results are.
- How to Gain Muscle By Eating NO Protein Learn how to manipulate your protein intake to literally FORCE your body to add muscle mass. You can gain 4 to 5 pounds of fresh new muscle in only 10 days!
- How Stretching Can Explode Your Muscle Growth Not only is stretching important for flexibility, it is CRITICAL for massive, rapid muscle growth.
- My Practical “Lazy Cook” Recipes For Building Muscle!
So Easy Even a Caveman Can Make Them… Find yourself short on time to cook a good meal? I know I do! Learn my “secret” recipes that are extremely quick and simple to make. I’ll give you my favorite muscle-building meals!
- A Quick, “No B.S.” Guide To Muscle-Building and Fat-Loss Supplementation
In black and white…what you need, what you don’t and why. If you take supplements or even want to take supplements, this information is going save you PILES of money AND help you get the results you deserve.
- Hemp Protein – Can This Whole-Food Protein Source Match
Or Exceed The “Star-Power” of Whey?
Hemp protein is an up-and-coming protein supplement that I tested for 2 months as my ONLY protein supplement. Find out how hemp stacked up!
- BASIC Nutrition – A Quick, Common-Sense Guide To What You
Should Be Eating to Stay Healthy and Get Results Right Now
Think proper nutrition is complicated? It doesn’t have to be. Follow these simple principles and you’ll never go wrong.
- Cutting Through The Hype Of Supplement Ads – No Punches Pulled
A hard-hitting look at the techniques that advertisers use to separate you from your hard-earned money. With this insider knowledge, you will never get ripped off again!
- The Glycemic Diet – Does This “Heir-Apparent” to the Fading
Low-Carb Diet Boom Hold The Key to Effective Fat Loss?
Learn the facts about how the Glycemic Diet works, how well it works and if it’s something that can help you drop your extra fat quickly.
- Common Sense Protein FAQ – Get Answers To Your Most
Frequently-Asked Questions About Protein
How much protein do you need? How much protein can your body absorb at once? Will excess protein make you fat? Learn these answers and more!
- Low-Carb Backlash – Is the Low-Carb Cookie Crumbling?
The Low-Carb Diet has seen a tremendous upsurge in popularity, but are its days numbered? The answer and the reasons may surprise you.
- Impact Carbs, Net Carbs and Effective Carbs – Is Marketing Slang Messing With Your Low-Carb Diet?
Find out exactly what these terms mean, how they are being used in foods and supplements and if they are actually effective in a low-carb diet. The answers may surprise you!
- Stop Wasting Your Protein Powder! How To Squeeze More Results
Out Of Each Scoop Of Protein Powder You Take
Without knowing when and how to take your protein powder for best results, you could be flushing your gains directly down the toilet!
- Are You Cheating Yourself Out Of 50% or More Of Your
What Every Trainer, From Beginner to Advanced, NEEDS To Know About Post-Workout Nutrition and The Four-Hour Window of Opportunity.
- I Didn’t Realize How Important Protein Was For Fat Loss Until I Discovered Something That Blew My Mind..
Learn why protein is the often-forgotten critical factor in fat loss.
- Ephedra – Is It Safe And Effective?
Burn fat while you sleep! Eat whatever you want and still lose weight! Don’t suffer through hours of grueling exercise to burn fat!
- The Atkins Diet – Separating Fact From Fiction
Have you ever wished for a diet where you ate bacon, eggs, red meat, butter and sausage all day? Surprise! It’s not the Atkins Diet.
Fat Loss Articles
- How to Spot Reduce and Burn ONLY the Fat Off Your Stomach…
I’ll share with you my top-secret technique for burning ONLY the fat off your stomach. This is spot-reducing at its best…you can even apply this technique to ANY other specific areas you want to tone up!
- Will Fruit Make You Fat?
Learn the truth about fruit…is it the diabolical diet-killer it’s sometimes made out to be or is it just fruit and actually pretty good for you?!
- Why You MUST Be Inefficient For Maximum Fat Loss
If you want to lose fat as quickly as possible, you have to be inefficient…the more inefficient you are the faster your results will be! Find out why and how exactly it works…
- Fitness and Nutrition Information Overload And Contradictions –
Learn What’s Good, What’s Bad And How You Can Tell The Difference! There is SO much information about health and fitness floating around these days, how do you know what’s good and what’s a load of garbage? And it’s especially confusing when two sources say two different things! Learn how to figure out for yourself who to believe and who to kick to the curb.
- Losing Fat is Like Draining a Swimming Pool…Why Spot Reduction
Just Doesn’t Hold Water
Want to lose stomach fat? Have a problem area you want to tighten up? The bad news is simply training that area to death won’t accomplish it! Learn why spot reduction doesn’t work and what you CAN actually do about those problem areas.
- Why Dieting Is A Lot Like a Financial Crisis
Learn the parallels between dieting and the biggest financial crisis of our time. And no, it’s not because both are painful and leave you hungry!
- Cardio Training For Fat Loss – Should I Do It BEFORE or AFTER
My Weight Training For Best Results?
Training for fat loss is not easy and proper cardio training is an important part of the process. But if you’re doing your cardio at the WRONG time, you could be shooting yourself in the foot! Find out the best time to do it and why.
- Is Calorie-Counting Truly Necessary For Fat Loss?
This is the million-dollar question…do you REALLY have to count calories to lose fat? It’s something very few people LIKE to do but is it something that everybody SHOULD be doing to maximize fat-loss results?
- The Top 5 Most Unconventional Things I’ve Ever Done To Lose
Fat, Build Muscle or Gain Strength
Because sometimes, the “normal” things just don’t get the job done! Check out the most unique things I’ve ever tried in the past 17 years I’ve been training to rip off the fat and build massive muscle and strength.
- 8 Week Cardio Interval Training Blast! Get Increased Fat Loss
AND Take Your Cardio Fitness To A Whole New Level
This detailed cardio program will take you from an interval-training beginner to interval-training pro in only 8 weeks! This step-by-step progression guides you through the most effective types of intervals to maximize your results.
- Why “Toning Up” Can Spell Disaster For Your Fitness Results!
Save yourself from the heartbreak! Find out why “toning up” as a training goal can leave you high and dry with NO results at all. And find out exactly what you can DO about it!
- How To Lose Fat NOW – A Basic Fat-Loss Program That You Can
Put To Work Today!
So you want to lose fat but don’t know where to start? This program will get you moving in the right direction…weight training, cardio, nutrition and supplementation…and get you results NOW!
- No-Rest Lactic Acid Supersetting – Supercharge Your Metabolism
For Fat Loss!
The name is a mouthful but the training will send your metabolism through the roof! Combine the power of supersets with the fat-burning power of Lactic Acid-based training and you get a workout that will peel the fat right off your body!
- Fat-Loss Circuit Training – Now is the time to try this revolutionary
fat-burning, metabolism-boosting training technique!
Experience a training technique so powerful you can literally FEEL your metabolism firing up and burning fat!
- Nine Sure-Fire Ways To Gain Fat
When it comes to fat gain, you may be helping your body succeed without even realizing you’re doing it! These nine things will open your eyes and stop fat gain in its tracks.
- The Insider Secrets of Interval Training – Learn How Now!
High Intensity Interval Training is extremely effective for fat loss and for dramatically improving your cardio capabilities. Learn exactly how to perform Interval Training for maximum results.
- Why We Get Fat – Hunting Big Macs and Gathering French Fries
Are we doomed by our genetics to gain fat? Is your inner caveman causing your waistline to expand? What can we do to work with our ancestry and not against it?
- Cardio or Weights. Weights or Cardio. What’s It Going To Be?
Knowing how to balance cardio with weight training can be one of the most challenging aspects of putting together your training program. Learn how to do it here.
- How Fat Loss Pills Can Make You Fatter
What the diet industry doesn’t want you to know can have serious long-term effects on your health and bodyfat levels.
- Seven Quick Tips To Speed Up Your Metabolism and Burn Fat Faster
The speed of your metabolism is the real key to burning fat quickly and efficiently. Here are seven easy tips for boosting your metabolic rate.
- 10 Things You Can Do To Lose Fat Without Even Trying
Fat loss doesn’t have to be painful. Try these simple tips and you’ll see just how easy it can be.
- Follow the Path of MOST Resistance!
Why weight training is the fast track to sculpting your body.
- What Do You Mean Low-Intensity Training Isn’t The Best For Fat Burning?
Find out why high-intensity training may be your best bet for trimming your waistline.
Training Techniques Articles
Secret Training Tip #879 – The BEST Way I’ve Found To Do Incline Barbell Bench Press
The upper chest is a MUST to work if you want complete chest development…and the incline barbell press is a key exercise. I’ll show you my favorite technique for getting maximum results from this exercise!
10 Ways To Use Your Workout Towel OTHER Than Wiping Up Sweat…
The humble gym towel can actually be an extremely effective training tool! When you get done putting these quick and easy methods to the test, you’ll never look at your towel the same way again.
Want a Big Chest? Then Learn How To Do Heavy Dumbell Bench
Press On the Swiss Ball…
If you want to maximize chest development, bench pressing is obviously high on the list. Using the Swiss Ball has a LOT of advantages over the flat bench…I’ll tell you what they are and the BEST way to get into position to do the exercise with maximum weight.
Secret Training Tip #155 – How To Do Pull-Ups At Home When You
Don’t Have a Pull-Up Bar
Pull-Ups are one of THE single best back (and upper body!) exercises you can do. But what do you do if you train at home and don’t have access to a pull-up bar? Simple. You do this…
8 Ways to Train the Forearms For Maximum Grip Strength and Size – Wrist Curls Not Included!
Lagging forearm size or grip strength holding you back? Check out these unique exercises and techniques for developing bone-crushing grip strength and bowling pin forearms!
The 5 Most Effective Exercises and Training Techniques That Will
Get You Kicked Out Of A “Normal” Gym!
For building maximum muscle and ripping the fat off your body, conventional training is NOT where it’s at. I’m going to teach you 5 of THE most effective exercises and techniques that will have “management” pulling their hair out!
How To Train To Reduce Muscle Size ON PURPOSE
While this is very rarely the goal with weight training, there ARE people who actually DO want to reduce the size of a specific muscle or muscles (but without just stopping training and losing too much strength). Learn how to do it the right way!
Secret Training Tip #665 – The CURE For Stubborn Shoulders…The
Two-Phase Barbell Shoulder Press
If you’ve got stubborn shoulders, this simple but extremely powerful technique is EXACTLY what you need. Standard dumbell and barbell pressing don’t work the WHOLE range of motion equally – you’re leaving results on the table if you’re just doing straight shoulder presses!
Training Equipment (And Training Technique) Review – IronWoody Training Bands – Get Ready To Build Some Serious Strength and
High-quality training bands like IronWoody bands are used by many of the top strength athletes in the world to maximize their power, acceleration and muscle mass. Find out what band training is all about and what it can do for your lifts right now!
Secret Training Tip #119 – How to REALLY Do Incline Curls To Mass
Up Your Biceps FAST!
Discover a secret technique for performing Incline Dumbell Curls that will blast your biceps into next week! This simple change in position on the bench will shock you with how effective it is.
Training The Stretch – A Stretch Position Giant Set That Will Pile on Muscle
Looking to gain maximum muscle? The stretch position of a muscle is the best place to start. With proper use, you can not only activate more muscle fibers, you may even be able to SPLIT your muscle fibers, making more of them – that means faster gains, more easily!
The Secrets of Negative Training That Nobody Else Can Tell You – Dropping Points, Partial Negatives, 2 Up/1 Down and More!
Think you know everything about Negative Training? Check out this eye-opening information on how to REALLY maximize your strength-building results from it. These never-before-seen training techniques will take your gains through the roof!
Secret Training Tip #235 – The Most Powerful Tricep Workout That
You Will EVER Do
Looking for a workout to shred your triceps from top to bottom? This workout features 3 unique exercises that take your triceps from a com plete stretch to a mindblowing contraction.
Road Warrior Training – Keep in Shape While Traveling!
Spend a lot of time away from homebase but still want to burn fat and build muscle? It can be done! Discover some of the best ways to keep your training in gear.
Supersets – What They Are, Why They Work, and Several Unique Variations You Can Try In Your Next Workout
The Superset is an excellent intensity technique not only for fat loss but for muscle building as well. Find out what makes Supersets so super.
Secret Training Tip #914 – 10 of the Most Unique and Powerful
Training Tips That You WON’T Find Anywhere Else
Bored with your regular workouts and need some new tricks to keep things fresh? Try these one-of-a-kind techniques and give your training a boost.
Secret Training Tip #551 – 17 Unique and Powerful Tips For Taking
Your Barbell Squats To The Next Level and Beyond!
The barbell squat is one of most common exercises found in the gym. Learn some useful tips and techniques that can help you maximize your form and strength!
Secret Training Tip #508 – Set Your Muscles On Fire With Unbalanced Barbell Loading
This astonishing but simple training trick takes a regular barbell exercise and practically DOUBLES the tension placed on the muscles. Imagine the results you will get from a barbell curl where the full weight of the barbell goes onto only one bicep at a time!
Secret Training Tips #1-10 – Exercise Tips and Tricks For Your
Favorite Exercises – Part I
Don’t waste another rep! Get 10 powerful tips for squeezing more results out of every single rep of every exercise you do. These tips will have you eager to get back into the gym for your next workout!
Your Keys To Rock-Solid Ankle Stability, Explosive Sports
Performance and Incredible Balance!
Learn how building up your ankle strength can have an immediate and extremely powerful impact on your sports and training performance. You can even practically injury-proof your ankles!
Secret Training Tip #337 – Powerful Tips, Tricks and Techniques
For Building Larger, Firmer, Rounder Glutes
Do your thighs get more work than your glutes when you’re doing glute exercises? This information is going to change the way you train your glutes forever!
Practical Exercise Ideas For the Time-Strapped Person
Short on time but need to exercise? These ideas will help you fit a workout in no matter how much or how little time you have available.
Secret Training Tip #321 – Squatting With Your Core – This
Never-Before-Seen Technique Can Make You Stronger in the Squat Instantly!
Squatting is a total body exercise. When you learn how to use your core muscles when you squat, weights you’ve struggled with will FLY up!
How To Be The Best Spotter in The Gym
There’s more to spotting than simply pulling up on the bar or pushing up on the elbows. There is an art and science to effective spotting. Learn the best techniques here!
Secret Training Tip #452 – Taking One-Arm Dumbell Rows To
Learn how a simple change in body position can INSTANTLY increase the amount of weight you can use for this exercise AND make it safer. You’ll never go back to the old way again!
Five Exercises You MUST Avoid If You Want To Stay Injury-Free
These exercises are commonly seen yet, if you do them, you stand a good chance of hurting yourself. Find out what they are and why they can injure you.
The Training Partner: Best Friend or Worst Nightmare?
A good training partner can help you immensely in your workouts but a bad one can spell disaster. Before you decide if you want a partner, you need this information.
Secret Training Tip #683 – 5 Groundbreaking Calf Training Techniques For Complete Calf Development and Rock-Solid Ankle Stability
Are you having trouble building your calves? These techniques will help you develop your calves to the very fullest, including the hard-to-reach inner and outer areas.
Mind Games – Powerful Mental Strategies For Getting More Reps
Out Of Every Single Set You Do
Want to learn how to take your body further than you ever thought possible? Your mind is the real key to achieving unbelievable results.
The Sculptor in Training – How To Develop Your Physique to It’s
Fullest Potential By Working Different Parts of the Same Muscle
Is it possible to work different areas of the same muscle? Why is this desirable? How can this help you build your physique to it’s fullest potential?
Secret Training Tip #622 – High-Rep Partial Training
Gain strength and muscle mass! This training technique is one of the best kept secrets for sending strength and muscle mass through the roof quick! Learn why it works and exactly how to do it for best results.
You Don’t Know Squat About Squats
The squat is one of the most productive exercises you can do, period. Learn more about proper form and how to analyze your own squatting technique for maximum results.
Partial Training For Full-Powered Results
Training in a partial range of motion can be the key to blasting your way past strength plateaus quickly. Find out why always using a full range of motion may actually be hurting your progress!
How to Do Negative Training Without A Training Partner
Negatives are among the most powerful training techniques for rapid strength gains. Learn how to do them effectively without a training partner.
14 Things To Do and Not Do When First Starting an Exercise Program
Starting an exercise program for your very first time? Learn the do’s and don’ts here.
Eight Mistakes I’ve Made In My Training and How You Can Avoid
To err is human but to learn from my mistakes before you make them yourself is a whole lot easier!
Secret Training Tip #685 – A Back Blasting Superset – Bent-Over
Rows to Deadlifts
Harness the power of the superset to send your back training to the next level.
Intensity Techniques That Will “Kill” You AND Make You Stronger
Forced reps are great but these incredible techniques will open a whole new world of results for you!
How To Do The Perfect Bench Press Rep
Learn the secrets to bench press form that will send your strength and muscle development through the roof!
Secret Training Tip #504 – Breathing Backwards – Supercharge Your
Back Workout NOW!
If you’ve ever had a hard time feeling your back muscles working, this technique is for you. Discover how breathing backwards will SHOCK your lats into new growth!
Secret Training Tip #998 – Target: Rear Delts. One Simple Movement And They’ll Be On Fire!
The rear delts can be tough to isolate. This trick takes ALL the stress off the assisting back muscles and places it squarely where you want it.
Strong To The Core of Your Being
Dramatically improve sports and weightlifting performance and say goodbye to lower back pain! Plus, you’ll learn two exercises you can do at home that directly target the muscles of the core.
Secret Training Tip #240 – Waist Your Breath – Breathing For A
Learn how simply changing the way you breathe while doing crunches can actually help tighten your waist!
Secret Training Tip #178 – One Simple Movement Can Double the Effectiveness of Pulldowns
Learn a simple technique that you can use to dramatically increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the lat pulldown.
Secret Training Tip #242 – Be 10% Stronger in Leg Curls Instantly!
Imagine how something as strange as changing how you hold onto a leg curl
machine can increase your strength!
Unique Exercises Articles
- Secret Training Tip #887 – Cable Gripping Trunk Twists For a
TIGHT, Powerful, Rock-Solid Core
If you want a tight, strong midsection that’s “show” AND “go,” you’ll definitely want to add this exercise to your list. A simple “twist” to a simple twisting exercise is all you need!
- Secret Training Tip #155 – Braced Leg Squats…A Compound Exercise
For Quads That FEELS Like An Isolation Exercise… This is a unique exercise that will give your quads a burn like nothing else. If you have trouble with quardicep development, THIS is an exercise you need to try.
- Secret Training Tip #990 – Making a Hack Squat Machine in the
Squat Rack…Your Ticket To Powerful Legs!
Combine the benefits of free weight barbell squats with the benefits of machine squats into one lower-body blasting exercise! All you need is a rack and a barbell and you’ll be able to give your entire lower body a sound thrashing.
- 2 Cable Cross-Over Tricep Exercises To Fill Out Those Horseshoes
and Stop Those Flapping Batwings…
The triceps can be a trouble spot for both men AND women…Men want the horseshoe-looking triceps that pop out and make their arms look huge while women want that area tight and defined. These two exercises will accomplish both of those goals!
- Secret Training Tip #221 – Hip Flexors AREN’T Evil…Do They Hold
The Key to Faster Running Speed?
If you believe the magazines, you want to do everything you can to eliminate the hip flexors from your abdominal training. But can this bit of advice actually be HURTING your speed?
- Secret Training Tip #991 – One-Sided Barbell Deadlifts For Lower
Body and Core Strength
The deadlift is one of my very favorite exercises. THIS version of the deadlift, however, is going to not only hit the lower back and lower body, it’s going to tighten up your core like a steel corset. Just don’t mind the strange looks you’ll get in the gym when you do it…
- Full-Range Pulldowns For Carving Definition Into Every Inch Of
While chins may be a better mass-builder, this version of the pulldown works WAY better for bringing out eye-popping detail in your back. And if you’ve ever had a hard time feeling your back working, THIS exercise will fix that in an instant!
- Secret Training Tip #6451 – Dumbell Whip-Arounds For Explosive
Play any sports? Want to improve your performance on the field or in the gym? This simple rotational exercise will build TREMENDOUS explosiveness that will add yards to your golf drives, speed to your throws, and build devastating punching power for combat sports.
- Secret Training Tip #2403 – Bodyweight Preacher Curls For
TRASHING Your Biceps
You want big arms? This is an exercise that is going to BLOW UP your bi’s FAST. This one combines the unique angle of the Preacher Bench with the brutal effectiveness of a bodyweight exercise to deliver a growth punch like nothing else!
- Secret Training Tip #663 – Lengthwise Barbell Donkey Calf Raises
The Donkey Calf Raise is one of THE best calf-building exercises you can do because of the great stretch it puts on them. But what do you do if you don’t have a donkey machine OR a partner to help you perform the exercise? Here’s the solution.
- Secret Training Tip #446 – Dumbell Crawling – An INSANELY EFFECTIVE Abdominal Exercise That Will Leave You Crawling
On The Floor… Literally!
Looking for an abominal exercise that will TRASH your entire core in a way you’ve NEVER experienced before? This one will do it…it’s an exercise that hits not only your core but your shoulders, back and chest as well!
- Secret Training Tip #964 – Side-To-Side Barbell Shoulder Presses
For Building Shoulder Width and Explosive Power!
If your shoulders need a change of pace…if standard barbell or dumbell presses just aren’t doing it for you anymore…you have GOT to try this exercise. A simple change in how you hold and lift the bar will set your delts on FIRE!
- Secret Training Tip #225 – Barbell Curl Squats – The Toughest
(and Most Effective!) Core Strength Exercise You Will EVER Do
This is my very favorite core exercise and, trust me, you will feel why from the VERY FIRST REP. It’s a squat, but how you DO that squat forces the abdominal area to do almost ALL the work! If you want strong abs, it doesn’t matter if you’re a total beginner or an advanced trainier, TRY THIS EXERCISE.
- Secret Training Tip #226 – Chain and Plate Curls For DESTROYING Your Biceps!
Want bigger, stronger biceps? Barbells and dumbells not quite cutting it anymore? This VERY unique approach will set your biceps on fire! It’ll keep maximum tension on your biceps from start to finish.
- Secret Training Tip #228 – Weight Plate Pizza Presses for Shoulders
If you’re looking for an effective new way to train your shoulders, look no further than the Pizza Press. You won’t be using a barbell, dumbell or cable for this one…all you need is a weight plate!
- Secret Training Tip #671 – How To Do The BEST PULL-UP EVER
I’ve done a LOT of pull-ups in my time but THIS variation beats them ALL. It’s a wide-grip pull-up done with a very specific grip that will INFLATE your lats like crazy! If you want wider lats, USE THIS EXERCISE.
- Secret Training Tip #991 – Trunk Twists With a Twist – Tighten Your
Love Handles NOW
The “love handle” area on your sides is one of THE biggest targets for tightening up. While this exercise WON’T directly burn the fat off, it WILL tighten the muscles UNDERNEATH the fat so that you achieve the more streamlined waist you’re looking for!
- Secret Training Tip #990 – Bench Press Leg Raise Crunches For
Tighten those lower abs FAST with this extraordinary exercise. Not only does it hit the lower abs HARD, it takes almost ALL the stress off the lower back when you’re doing a leg raise movement!
- Secret Training #668 – Barbell Cursing Lunges To TORCH Your Quads
There is a very good reason I call these “Cursing Lunges”… This exercise is SO tough on the quads, that’s EXACTLY what you’ll be doing for almost the entire exercise! This one puts leg extensions to shame AND without the knee stress you can get from leg extensions.
- Secret Training Tip #346 – Work Your Lats With One Of The VERY
FEW True Isolation Exercises For The Back
When you think of back exercises, you think of different types of rows, pulldowns, chin-ups, and deadlifts, right? These are all compound exercises that work multiple muscles. To TRULY isolate your lats, you need this exercise! This is a great one for beginners OR advanced trainers!
- Secret Training Tip #667 – Crunch Pulldowns For a Great Six-Pack
Scorch your Rectus Abdominus (Six-Pack) with the Crunch Pulldown. It will hit those abs in a way they’ve never been hit before! This is NOT your standard cable crunch!
- Secret Training Tip #120 – My VERY Favorite Leg Exercise (I Like
It Even More Than Barbell Squats For Working The Thighs HARD!)
This mystery leg exercise requires only two dumbells and the guts to push yourself to the limit! If you want great legs, whether it be massive quads or shapely thighs, you NEED to put this exercise in your routine. Find out what it is!
- Cable-Barbell Curls – Hybrid Training For Incredible Biceps!
The standard barbell curl is NOT the most efficient way to build massive biceps. With this Hybrid Training exercise, you’re going to learn how to add additional targeted resistance to the barbell curl to hit the biceps MUCH harder and build more muscle faster!
- Secret Training Tip #991 – Pike Handstand Push-Ups and Horizontal
The handstand push-up is simply one of THE very best shoulder exercises in existence. It’s also one of the hardest! Learn two variations of this exercise that allow you to reduce the resistance but still harness the full power of this single-best bodyweight shoulder exercise.
- Secret Training Tip #891 – Leaning Wrist Curls – A Forearm BLAST
Looking to increase forearm size and/or strength? Standard Wrist Curls are a good exercise. Find out how a simple change in body position will make them MUCH more effective.
- Secret Training Tip #881 – Suitcase-Style One Arm Deadlifts
This extraordinary exercise will tighten up your waist, build a rock-solid core AND target your grip strength like no other. It’s also one of the most functional exercises you’ll EVER do.
- Secret Training Tip #882 – Cable Cross-Over Machine Adductions
For Inner Thighs AND For Better Squatting
Looking to tighten up your inner thighs? The adduction exercise is one of the best. But did you know strong adductors are KEY for a strong squat? Learn a variation that will tighten the inner thighs and build squatting strength.
- Secret Training Tip #733 – Reverse Grip Curls – How This Underused, Underrated Exercise Can Unleash Your Arm Size
Want to learn a shortcut to bigger arms? Check out this powerful information on the Reverse Grip Curl. You’re leaving potential arm size on the table if you neglect this exercise.
- Secret Training Tip #991 – Lying Cable-Curl Crunches – A Unique Exercise For Shredding the Upper Abs
Want your six-pack abs to jump out and demand attention? When you properly develop the upper abs, you can actually look like you’ve got an 8 pack!
- Secret Training Tip #519 – The Bicep-Blasting “In-Set” Superset
Learn one of the most powerful techniques I’ve ever found for getting an extraordinary muscle-building pump in the biceps. It’s done by combining two of the best biceps exercises in existence into a single killer set!
- Secret Training Tip #444 – Full-Range Calf Raises
This simple bodyweight exercise will give you a contraction in your calves that has
to be felt to be believed. No equipment required!
- Secret Training Tip #787 – Two Dumbell Ball Twists
Want to learn a new ab exercise that will tighten up your waist, develop rock-solid core strength AND improve sports performance? Look no further.
- Secret Training Tip #998 – Lying Rolling Floor Laterals…Simply THE Most Powerful, Results-Producing Rear Delt Exercise You Will EVER
This extraordinary rear delt exercise not only utilizes dumbells for resistance, it actually incorporates your bodyweight into the movement for maximum muscle stimulation. This is something you simply WILL NOT find in any other direct rear delt exercise…you’ll feel the results!
- Secret Training Tip #709 – How to Improvise a Shoulder Press Machine Out of 2 Bars and a Power Rack
A good shoulder press machine is hard to find. Learn how to take common gym equipment and put together a shoulder press “machine” that even beats machines specifically designed for it!
- Secret Training Tip #374 – The Pull-Up Row – A Unique Bodyweight
Back Exercise You Can Do Almost Anywhere.
Bodyweight exercises for the back are rare. Variations of the pull-up row can be easy enough for the complete beginner or hard enough to challenge the most advanced veteran!
- Secret Training Tip #345 – I Can’t Believe You Just Did That Exercise
On That Machine!
Learn 5 exercises that use common training equipment in ways the manufacturers NEVER imagined! They’re often more effective than the original purpose of the machine itself!
- Secret Training Tip #927 – Two Ab Exercises With a Twist For
Rock-Hard Obliques and Explosive Core Power
These two unique abdominal exercises will have you doubled over in a good way! You’ll develop eye-popping obliques that will give your midsection a finished look, and you’ll develop tremendous core strength.
- Secret Training Tip #478 – Braced Incline Curls; a New Biceps Blaster
Learn how a simple technique that you can use in the gym or at home can instantly transform the Incline Dumbell Curl into an exercise in extraordinary biceps.
- Secret Training Tip #88 – Cable Pushdown Curls
Get an instant increase in strength when you use this unique exercise to work your biceps and triceps at the same time in the same movement.
- Secret Training Tip #961 – Hanging Dumbell Leg Curls
Need a new hamstring and inner thigh exercise? Have I got one for you! This unique hamstring exercise will give you an extremely intense contraction. It’s the perfect exercise to finish off your legs.
- Secret Training Tip #318 – Squatting Cable Curls
This amazing exercise combines the best parts of three different biceps exercises to deliver rapid muscle-building results.
- Secret Training Tip #579 – Power Rack Dips – A Unique Set-Up For a More Powerful Dip
The bodyweight dip is one of the most effective chest, tricep and shoulder exercises in existence but what do you do if you don’t have access to dipping bars? You do Power Rack Dips.
- Secret Training Tip #793 – Seated Hanging Leg Raises – A New
Approach To An Old Favorite
The hanging leg raise is an excellent abdominal exercise. This variation is not only easier on your lower back but helps to remove the hip flexors from the movement, all the while increasing the contraction on the abs.
- Secret Training Tip #427 – Chain & Plate Side Delt Laterals
Learn an incredible new side delt exercise that will help you build a dramatic V-taper.
- Secret Training Tip #146 – “Small Ball” Crunches – An Amazing Abdominal Exercise For Everyone From Beginner To Advanced!
Why and how it will fire up your abs more far more effectively than regular Swiss Ball crunches ever could.
- Secret Training Tip #623 – Wave Goodbye to Flabby Arms – Bench
Dips For The Triceps and How to Make Them Work Better For You
Want to know an exercise that requires no specialized equipment yet tightens and builds your upper arms effectively? Learn it here and learn how to do it better.
- Secret Training Tip #463 – The Most Amazing (and Effective) Trick
For Stiff-Legged Deadlifts
Do you have a hard time feeling your hamstrings working when you do stiff-legged deadlifts? You will never EVER have that problem again after you read this tip.
- Secret Training Tip #788 – Unstable And Proud Of It! Learn How To
Turn The Ordinary Push-Up Into An Exercise “In Stability”
Push-ups are an excellent bodyweight exercise for your chest but this version will hit muscle fibers there that you didn’t even know you had!
- Secret Training Tip #149 – Get a Grip! Get More Results From
Dumbell Curls Just By Changing Your Grip
If you like training biceps you absolutely MUST read this tip! You will feel the difference in the very first rep!
- The Top 20 Excuses Why New Year’s Resolutions to Lose Weight
End in Failure
It’s no secret that New Year’s Resolutions generally don’t last very long… have YOU used any these excuses?
- My Top 10 Favorite Diet Foods Of All Time
Dieting doesn’t have to be a painful experience! Check out this top 10 list of my all-time favorite diet foods and prepare yourself for maximum results.
- Bodybuilding Products That SHOULD Be Invented
Somebody has yet to fill in these “important” gaps in the bodybuilding product world. Enjoy a humorous look at products that will probably never grace any store shelves but really should.
- Corn Dogs, Cheeseburgers, Custard and Other Diet Foods…
Just because the foods you want to eat are loaded with fat, sugar and calories doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be able to lose as much fat as you want while eating them!
- A Bitingly Sarcastic Look at Useless Supplements and Worthless
Read hilarious and brutally honest reviews of some of the worst supplements and exercise equipment on the market today.
- The Complete Gym Personality Guide – Part 1
From the Obsessive Compulsive Rep Counter to Leisure Suit Larry in Gym Shorts, these are the people that you meet when you’re lifting.
- The Complete Gym Personality Guide – Part 2
From the Hindenburg to the Fountainhead to Mr. Sweaty Bench, these are more of the people that you meet when you’re lifting at the gym.
- RANT – Move over Dennis Miller–I’ve Got Some Things To Say
About Health, Fitness and Nutrition
You might laugh, you might get angry and you may not agree with me at all but I’ve got some stuff on my mind that I need to get out that I think you’ll appreciate.
- RANTS #2 – I’ve Got More To Say And There’s No Stopping Me Now!
I’ve got more things to say about health, fitness, nutrition and the stupid things that seem to happen with them all the time. Whether you agree or disagree, you’ll have something to think about.
- Defective Repetitions – Do Any of These Styles Describe You?
The repetition or “rep” is the basis of all training. So how can something so important go so terribly (and humorously) wrong!
- The Absolute Worst, Most Incredibly Terrible Workout I’ve Ever Witnessed In My Entire Life!
You have never seen exercise techniques this bad…
- Another of the Worst, Most Horrifying Workouts I’ve Ever Witnessed
They made a “Friday the 13th” Part 2. This is another horror story that cried out for a sequel. Bad exercise form is one thing but this was a disaster.
- 35 Pieces of Interesting Training Trivia to Make You The Life of the Party
Impress your friends! Impress your family! These unique training tidbits will improve your training, health and nutrition knowledge instantly!
- The Ten Worst Pieces of Training Equipment I’ve Ever Used
From the Trampoline Stair Machine to the Self-Impaling Cable Row Machine, you will not believe just how bad some training equipment can be.
- You Know You’re a Dedicated Trainer When…
Take a humorous look at what being a dedicated trainer is all about…you may recognize yourself!!
- Bodybuilding Supplements That Never Made It Past The Drawing BoardSome supplements are good. Some supplements are amazingly good. These supplements aren’t even close!
- The Great Big List of Calorie-Free Foods
Ever wish there were foods you could eat that didn’t contain any calories? Wish no longer. These foods don’t contain a single calorie and can be eaten guilt-free.
- Ten More Of The Most Outrageous Exercises I’ve Ever Seen…
You’ll be amazed that people don’t put themselves in the hospital with these exercises. The scariest part is, I’ve actually witnessed people doing them!
- 11 Things You Can Do In The Gym To Mess With People’s Minds
Interested in playing mind games? Try these little tricks next time you hit the gym.
- Top 10 Holiday Weight GAIN Strategies!
Are you dangerously underweight this holiday season? These strategies will fix that FAST!
- Cracked Up Glossary Of Common Gym Terms
You’ve been to gym and have heard the lingo. Now learn the REAL definitions of what you’ve been hearing.
- Pizza, French Fries, Beer and Other Diet Foods…
How to eat your favorite junk food by the ton and still lose all the fat you want!
- Tenderizing Meat and Other Uses For Home Exercise Equipment
Have a piece of home exercise equipment that’s collecting dust? Give it new life with these handy tips!
- Resistance Training With Your Dog
Is it possible to do resistance training with your dog? Learn how now!
- The Top 10 Most Outrageous Exercises I’ve Ever Seen
These 10 exercises are among the absolute WORST examples of exercise technique I have ever witnessed!